Special Music Guidelines
Unity Baptist Church
Guidelines for Special Music
Special Music defined - any individual or group that wants to share the talent God has given to them for the purpose of worshipping God in front of the church via vocal or instrumental.
If you are interested in singing or playing special music in the church services, following is a list of expectations.
- Be faithful to regular and scheduled church services
- Participate and be faithful to the music ministry of the church
- Vocals should be a faithful member of the choir available for their age group
- Adults should participate in the Sanctuary Choir
- Youth should participate in the Youth Choir
- Children should participate in the Children’s Choir
- Instrumentalists should be a part of the church orchestra or praise band when they are functioning (Excluding piano, organ and instruments that are not normally used in the orchestra or praise band Ex-banjo, ukulele, mandolin, etc…)
- Be prepared by practicing and trying to have it memorized (memorization is not required)
- If you or your group has never ministered at Unity Baptist, you must audition before the Minister of Music.
- Call the church office with the title of your special so it can be listed in the bulletin.
- Sunday special music needs to be called in no later than Thursday at 4 PM.
- If you are unable to minister at your scheduled time, please contact someone else to swap times or take your place. Then inform the church office of the changes made.
- Sound check is 30 minutes prior to the service, except for Sunday mornings; sound check is at 8:50 AM. Contact Alan Stringer at home 836-3982 or on his cell 465-3124, if you are not going to have a sound check on Sunday morning between 8:50 & 9:00 AM
- Sign the commitment Card (If you have not signed a commitment card, please contact the Minister of Music to obtain one.)